Replacing the 4 pin power switch
Repair instructions - Replacing the 4 pin power switch
We recommend taking a few photos of the back of the control panel before you start unplugging the cables. This makes it easy to remember which cables goes where!
Replacing the power switch
- Disconnect the battery from the machine
- Unscrew the control panel
- Unplug the four terminals from the power switch - either mark the cables or take a photo so it is easy to remember where each one is connected.
- Press the release clips on either side of the back of faulty power switch and push the switch out
- Press the new power switch into place
- Reconnect the terminals on the new switch
Install power switch protector card
To avoid the switch part getting oxidized, we have designed a small protector card (shown on the right).
It needs to be connected per the photo below (shown on the left).
- Orient the panel so the switch is top right as per the photo below
- From the power switch - unplug 3 terminals leaving only the bottom left terminal attached
- Install the protector card as illustrated below:
connect cable 1 to connection point A
connect cable 2 to connection point B
connect cable 3 to connection point C
- The remaining disconnected wires need to be taped as they are no longer required with this new part.
- Put the control panel back in place and reconnect the battery